Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Experimental Results

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I started a little experiment around 3-4 weeks ago in order to identify what things are really important to me. And the results were...drumroll please...well they were inconclusive. Hell of a disappointment, isn't it? Basically, I can't say that I was under excruciating torture and I missed maximum 3 or 4 rock songs. However, two days ago, I did reach a point where I wasn't able to stand another stupid James Blunt or Cascada song and I was relieved to go back to Avenged Sevenfold. But did my relief come from the fact that I missed rock music or from the fact that it was a song I hadn't listened to in almost a month and it gave me a break from the overused and overlistened current playlist? That I can't say, but one thing is for sure, now I appreciate every rock, metal and punk song on my IPod. So if there's at least one lesson to learn from this is the fact that alternating for extended periods of time music styles makes the listening experience much more pleasurable (at least when you switch from one music genre to another).

So in honor of my return among the punks/rockers/metalheads here is Twisted Transitor by Korn (one of the songs I DESPERATELY missed):



If you get the chance also check out their song Evolution:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VntFEWF8I8A

Initially this is the song I wanted to post, but embedding was disabled on youtube due to copyright. In any case it's an amazing song and the video is well worth the time spent watching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment