Sunday, November 1, 2009

Experiments

Music is very important in my life. In fact, I don't think I've gone through one day in the past 3-4 years without music or if I did, it was quite the painful experience. A lot of my reflections and inspiration comes from songs (or pictures, but that's for another post).

So leaving the blabbering aside, I decided to put myself through a little experience which was inspired by the title of this song by Cobra Starship: "You can't be missed if you never go away". In an effort to discover what was really important to me, I decided to stay away from things that I think I like and just see how much I miss them, if i miss them at all. For years now, I have considered myself a dye-hard fan of rock, punk and, lately, even metal music. But like every teenager, I went through all sorts of phases and I still do, which led me to wonder. Is my attachment to this sort of music a phase that I'm trying to maintain because I indulge in the image I make of myself and of my character or is it for real? So for 4 days I have deprived myself of rock music or any songs I used to listen to in high school. So far, it's not too bad. I'm not really suffering. And I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing. Maybe it's too early to say. I'll just see for how long I can keep this up. If it's longer than a month, than I've probably been lying to myself for the past years...which is never pleasant to discover, but I still prefer knowing. It's a bit like seeing a magic trick. Do you want live in the fantasy and be amazed, or do u want to know how they do it which most of the time ruins the whole thing forever? Personally, I want to know.

Sooo, that being said, next thing on my list will be... chocolate! Will I be able to live without it? Probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment