Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Return to the past

Ok I know, cheesy song, but who cares?? I still love it! Makes me think of myself and how I always lie to myself...but in a slightly less conscious way.



It's weird how the fact of watching the video manages to amplify the experience of this song as opposed to just listening to it. My theory is that since more than one sense is involved (hearing and seeing) you are more concentrated on the lyrics, on the music, on the story behind it and therefore you immerse yourself in it. On the other hand, when you just listen to the song, you could be doing something else at the same time (like writing this post) and that takes part of your attention away from the atmosphere and the mood that the song is trying to create.

Or maybe it's just that the images are more appealing...

No comments:

Post a Comment