Thursday, January 27, 2011

Random rant

You know you've had too much caffeine when it's a quarter to 1 AM, you still have over 10 pages to read for a class the next day/later that day (depending how you see it), you have 2-3 emails to send and possibly 2 cover letters to write and somehow you still fell bubbly and full of energy. AND (which is not of insignificant nature) you still take 10 minutes of your precious time (or more) to write all this in a blog post... gah I need to lay off the caffeine.

Note to self: never ever decide to take a weekend off.... You WILL regret it amèrement

Note to self 2: find time to research careers... you know the people at school who always know what they're talking about and sometimes even more than the teacher? Those people who you wonder what the hell they are still doing in school? Those people who know exactly where they are going and how they're going to get there (also the same people who know everything that's happening in their field and who make you wonder if they spend all their days reading The Economist and The Globe and Mail... who else would say that Facebook is a bargain at $50 billion)? Or at the very least those people who have some sort of goal for their future (even if that goal is traveling as much as possible in order to understand how the world works and then how to try to fix it... hmm that sort of idealism is refreshing... it makes me want to stay in touch with that person if only to see for how long that idealism will survive... if it lasts more than 5 years then I might regain hope in the human race)? Anyway, all that to say that these people walk around with a sort of confidence that is out of this world and which I kind of envy. All that to say that I need to find myself a sense of purpose or a goal. And as much as I hate the idea, I need to choose a path...figure out what I want (somehow this sounds familiar... maybe cause I've been telling this to myself since I finished high school almost 4 years ago). And then I need to find the courage to stick to it... which is the hardest part. Like someone used to tell me, I need to have "assez de colonne" to stick to what I want. Blah easier said than done...

No comments:

Post a Comment