Thursday, January 30, 2014

Re-evaluating God and Karma

I'm a big believer in coincidences and the randomness of life. But some days I wonder. Fact of the matter is, these past few mornings have been relatively gray (weather-wise and personal mental state-wise). I always seem to wake up feeling like I should just stay in bed and it takes me a huge amount of effor to drag myself out of bed. And this feeling kind of continues pretty much until I get to school. And then something happens. I run into a friend. Somebody smiles at me. I get a hug. I FINALLY get a right answer in my calculus homework. And suddently my day doesn't feel as gloomy anymore. It can lead someone to question whether the whole God/karma/universe-is -looking-out-for-you thing is actually real. But I think that's an easy explanation for the phenomenon. I think the world is made up of opportunities and if you just keep your eyes open you will be able to see them. It's just a question of listening to your needs and letting the world in. And maybe methaphorically speaking, this realization is equivalent to beginning to believe in God. Because you get to see that everything you need surrounds you. You just have to take your hands out of your pockets and reach out for it. 

Big thanks to the random guys on campus who were giving out free hugs. I don't know what you're studying to be able to take so much time out of your day to stand around and give people hugs, but you really brigthened my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment