Saturday, December 31, 2011

All is new and all is old

Here we are. Another year is dying before our eyes and it is time for the traditional look back on the past twelve months. And as I'm trying to find a word (or two) to qualify the year that has just passed, the only thing that comes to mind is frantic. It started off at a leisurely pace, but by the time the first third was done, I was back to running back and forth between ten million activities. Though it doesn't make for a very healthy lifestyle, I can't say I hate it. I guess that by keeping busy you make sure that you're never bored and there's always something new to discover (even though you might also sometimes feel like you're close to losing your mind).

Another theme that came out strongly this year was creativity, discovery, emerveillement and, if I may say so, dreams. It was a year for pushing the boundaries of what is possible, for remembering what is like to be a kid, for letting yourself bask in wonder. And though the ups and downs were huge, I had a wonderful time through it all.

2011 also marked my official and definitive break-up with tequila (it's not you babe, it's me!) and it saw me crossing over to the dark side (I decided to buy... a purse. Shhhhh!!! No one has to know!!).

I dedicated 2011 to selfishness and self-discovery. Now I think it's time for self-improvement. So I'm dedicating 2012 to discipline and knowledge. I want to take my time. RDI had a commercial where they said that for the new year, they wish everyone to make a difference in the lives of their loved ones. Well, I'm not going so far, but I want to make a difference in my life. So, while taking the risk of sounding cliché, here's to better habits!

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment