Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Breakup

Somebody please tell me
Where can I find
The final resting place
Of my poor heart.

Give an add in the paper
Call the police
Missing wife has abandoned
Her dear husband tonight.

Believed to be dead
Of too much despair
Said wife has been buried
In an unknown place.

Searches have been deployed
To find the lost grave
Husband is desperate
To have his emotions restored.

This body is empty
Since you have died
Dear heart why have you left me?
Why did you break apart?

Shocking news
For the entire world
Teenager killed herself
Leaving this note:

“Emotionless husband
I have answered your request
I can no longer bear to live
In a body that is divorced.
Here’s my solution
To your long strive
If one grave cannot be found,
Dig another one to reunite husband and wife."

Ok let me explain. No, I am not suicidal. This is a poem I wrote about three years ago (I wasn't suicidal at that point either). And I find it appropriate in the sense that it is the exact opposite of what I'm going to do. I've been ruled by my emotions for far too long and this has got to stop. I vote for a separation of mind and heart. I vote for keeping reason and logic firmly into place and for burying emotions somewhere deep underneath. This is my resolution for the next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment