Sunday, February 14, 2010

Quote of the month

Once again, I'm adapting the schedule to fit occasions. So it's been 41 minutes that we entered the holiday (well I'm not so sure if it's actually a holiday...if it was, I probably wouldn't have had an exam on that day) that we call Valentine's Day. Now I'm really happy that I'm not in high school anymore and that I don't have to endure the disgusting amount of pink that people put just about everywhere in preparation for this day. I think this is what prompted me to make it my personal tradition to wear black at this particular time of the year. You know, so that whenever I felt like I was going to puke or faint from too much pink, then I'd just have to look at my shirt and I'd feel better. Nah ok, I'm exaggerating, but it went somewhere along those lines. In any case, this quote is a cynical (surprise, surprise) view of this holiday which always makes me smile when I see it.

"On Valentine's Day, millions of men give millions of women flowers, cards and candy as a heartfelt expression of the emotion that also motivates men to observe anniversaries and birthdays: fear."

No comments:

Post a Comment