Saturday, October 10, 2009

Introduction

Credit: 2jL.deviantart.com

Why is it that the hardest things in the world are beginnings and endings? It shouldn't be all that hard to tell the world why you are doing something (like this blog), why they should listen to you, why you are important. But it is. Because we are afraid of what others will think, of the way that we are going to be perceived. Are people going to find me too presumptuous if I speak this way? Am I going to be labeled as a nerd if I start off with this topic? And let's not forget that first impressions are what count most, especially in this world where no one has the time to get to know you unless you get them interested first. Personally I fit in the shy category and I find that as I grow older I find it harder and harder to show the real me around strangers. Half of it is that I don't want to be judged, but the other half is simply that I'm not interested in these people. So I end up committing the exact same crime that I accuse everyone else of. It all comes down to catching people's attention. And it gets tiring to always be interesting, exciting and provocative, especially when you're not. So this blog is a place for my thoughts, my reflexions, a general conversation with my mind before I chuck myself into the psychiatric asylum, or if you will, a sort of diary since I don't really expect anyone to read through all this. So there it is, long ass intro for something that could have been resumed in two lines. But then again, another thing I'm tired of is briefness. You always have to get to the point as soon as possible. Well not here!

No comments:

Post a Comment