Thursday, October 15, 2009

The dawn of heroes

The wind blows a last dispersing breath.
Shit.
The sun sheds its first rays over this maddening scene.
Shit.
Why am I still breathing?
Why is the engine still rolling?
Why are ashes floating?
Shit. Oh shit, oh shit…
Why am I still flying?
What have I left behind?
Shit, shit, shit!

Such bright colors…
Shit.
Such grandiose features…
Shit.
Such intricate textures…
Shit.
Such power, speed, agility…
Shit,
Shit,
Shit!
Such silence,
Such swiftness,
Such madness,
Shit.
Is it over?
Shit.

Why did I push the button?
Why did I release Little Boy?
Shit.

Ever wonder what went through the mind of the pilots who released the atomic bombs during WWT?

Oh, if any sensitive people read this, sorry for the language, but I highly doubt that someone would use words like darn of fudge after killing almost 100 000 people in an instant.

No comments:

Post a Comment