Sunday, February 6, 2011

Another pointless rant or What Sheldon Cooper has contributed to my life


I constantly have to remind myself that this is not a place to display my every whim or my incessant whining (it's so much more fun to annoy my dad with that... and then have him tell me how I never shut up when he whines and talks twice as much as I do... it's funny how blissfully unaware some people are of the irony of their lives... well not on the spot, but thinking about it afterward it is... it's like the "not funny then, funny now" series on Chuck Lorre's vanity cards... and going back to the irony of people's lives, I'm pretty sure that includes me too, it's just that I'm unaware of it... hence blissfully unaware of the irony of my own life... but I digress...). As I was saying, this is not a place for me to whine. It's a place for intelligent thought and constructive ideas. This is not a Facebook account. And actually even Facebook is not really appropriate for displaying the entirety of your movements, thoughts, incidents, readings, feelings and pictures you have taken with your cat (I am especially not targeting anyone. *Hint, hint, wink, wink**Facebook whores*). I'm sorry, that was my little rant on people who can't move from one room to another without mentioning it on their wall. But coming back to the subject at hand, this blog exists for the purpose of intelligent thought and constructive ideas. But weirdly enough, it hardly feels constructive when nobody ever challenges them. I don't even know why I'm writing this here because I hardly have time for debates of ideas right now, but I guess it would feel less lonely out here. Ironically, when I created this blog, I wanted the solitude of binary space... because with the multitude of pages that are available on the Internet, it's easier to keep one's thoughts anonymous and hidden from the world than if I had written them in a diary and had it hidden in one of my drawers. But tonight I don't want to be alone. All I can picture in my mind right now is Sheldon Cooper's small, nerdy, chipmunk-like smile. I like Sheldon. His social awkwardness makes me laugh at the same time that it breaks my heart. And this was a pointless post from beginning to end. I think I need to read less of Chuck Lorre's vanity cards...

No comments:

Post a Comment