Tuesday, March 9, 2010

All you need is a suitcase

Sometimes I wish I could just get away. Leave without looking back. See the world. Experience new things. Eat weird food. Dance around the fire hoping for the rain to come. Leave my inhibitions aside and jump naked in the water. Sit on the backseat of a car for days on end, just looking at the scenery passing by. The Alps and their never ending tunnels. The clouds in the sky. The waves crashing against the shore. Feel the sand under my toes and the breeze in my hair. Run in the middle of a storm with the drops splashing against my skin. And then feel the sun drying them one by one. Take a walk on Maisonneuve at 8 in the morning on a Sunday. Experience silence and utter peace. The world is overcrowded and suffocating. And the funny thing is everyone feels the same. While I feel repressed by the people around, I am also part of the crowd that suffocates someone else. Isn't that ironic?



No comments:

Post a Comment